AVAR (Association of anti Virus Asia Researchers) was formed in June, 1998. The mission of the AVAR is to prevent the spread and damage caused by malicious software, and to develop cooperative relationship among anti malicious software experts in Asia. We are independent and not-for-profit organization which is oriented in Asia Pacific region. AVAR consists of prominent experts on computer virus from various areas such as Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Korea, Philippines, Singapore,Taiwan, UK, and U.S.A. Our independence helps us to play an important role to fight against computer virus globally and to raise users' awareness on computer security issues. The organization has a constitution and the code of conduct, and is committed to improving members' knowledge and skills.
Our activities includes:
- Organizing and hosting AVAR annual conference and seminar on anti virus issues
- Providing information on computer virus incidents through Asia on AVAR website
- Operating AVAR members' mailing list to exchange information and opinions among members.
We are also planning for the following:
- Issue AVAR electric newsletter on security information
- Conducting evaluation test for anti virus products(It has been underway in Japan since August 2009)
- Provide certificates to anti virus products as well as to technical people for their knowledge and skills on computer virus prevention
- Improve communication and cooperation with other international anti virus organizations
Board of Directors
| name||organisation||title||AVAR title|
|Mr. Allan George Dyer||Yui Kee Computing Limited||Chief Consultant||Chariman|
|Ms. Karen Kit Ping Cheung||Yui Kee Computing Limited||Secretary|