Association of anti Virus Asia Researchers
International Conference 2000
AVAR2000 is over. See you at AVAR2001 in
Invitation to AVAR2000
Travel Information to Japan
Invitation to AVAR2000
"How should we fight against computer virus toward 21st century?"
AVAR 2000, the third annual conference of Association of anti Virus Asia Researchers, will be held in Tokyo, Japan on November 28 and 29, 2000. This is the first international conference devoted exclusively to anti-virus issues to be held in Japan. The conference will provide information including details of the latest computer viruses, the status of anti-virus measures in countries throughout Asia, how the anti-virus community work together globally to protect users, using of anti-virus products effectively and future aspects and trends of virus.
AVAR2000 is supported by Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) and National Police Agency (NPA), in cooperation with Information-technology Promotion Agency, Information Processing Society of Japan and The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers. Anti-virus technical staff, IT security managers, customers and government officials from around the world are expected to attend, and we hope this will be a great opportunity for participants to meet new people and learn about activities of anti-virus industry.
Who should attend?
The conference is designed for information security managers, network and system administrators, government officials, anti-virus vendors and anti-virus engineers.
Tuesday, November 28 and Wednesday, 29, 2000
Shinagawa Prince Hotel, Tokyo, Japan
Language: Simultaneous translation in English and Japanese
Conference sponsors and supporters:
Support: MITI (Ministry of International Trade and Industry), NPA (National Police Agency)
In cooperation with: IPA, The Information Processing Society of Japan, and The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers.
Sponsors: Computer Associates Japan, Ltd., F-Secure Corporation, Network Assocites Japan Inc., Sophos, and Symantec.
- The regional status of computer virus and anti-virus measures in Asia
- Introduction of the international anti-virus organization/group such as CARO:Computer Anti-virus Research Organization, EICAR, WildList Organization International, Vforum and AVAR.
- Cooperative relationship within antivirus industry
- Latest computer virus trends and internet security
- Information on virus writers and underground activity
- The exhibition of anti-virus software and demonstration
Speakers (subject to change)
- Government Agencies
- Japan: Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI), National Police Agency (NPA) and Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA)
- Korea: Korea Information Security AgencyiKISAj
- China: Tianjin Quality Testing and Inspection Service (AVAR member)
- World's leading anti-virus experts and organizations
- AVAR members
* The registration fee includes 2-day-ticket for conference session, conference proceedings, 2 lunch tickets and mid-session refreshments. Dinner on Nov. 28th is free of charge.
To register, print out the Registration Form and FAX it to AVAR administration office.
FAX: (+81) 54-283-5328
Registration is completed only after we receive your payment. For details, please contact AVAR Administration office
Deadline for registration: October 31 (or as soon as we have 150 registrants). You are encouraged to register as early as possible since number of tickets is limited.
Method of Payment
We accept Japanese Yen (JPY) only.
Participants from outside Japan: please make your payment by
(1) Money Order
(2) Wire transfer (via post office)
(3) Credit Card:please note that service charge will be added if you use credit card for payment.
We recommend methods (1) or (2). Please consult your local post office about availability of these method.
Participants from Japan: please make your payment by (1) registered postal cash envelope, (2) wire transfer to AVAR post office account or (3) wire transfer to bank account.
- Money Order
- Money Order should be made payable to "AVAR" and be sent via postal mail to AVAR administration office, c/o JCSR, M&S building 2F, 1-1 Midorigaoka-cho, Shizuoka-shi, Shizuoka-ken, 422-8052 Japan
- Wire Transfer (via post office)
- Account No: 12390-44329141, Account Holder: AVAR
- Credit Card
- General: 38,000 JPY
- AVAR member is 22,000JPY
Please send email to AVAR Administration office if you have any questions regarding payment.
Official hotel of AVAR2000 is Shinagawa Prince Hotel. Special room rate for AVAR2000 participant is as follows:
The above rate includes breakfast and service charge. Sales tax (5%) is not included.
Room type Rate /day (single occupancy) Rate /day (double occupancy) DOUBLE room (New tower) 13,900 JPY 18,600 JPY TWIN room (New tower) 13,900 JPY 18,600 JPY
The number of rooms we can keep for you is limited. If you would like to make reservation through AVAR administration, please send us the necessary information on the Registration Form and send it to us by FAX by October 25. After that please contact Shinagawa Prince Hotel directly to make reservation, confirmation and to make any changes or cancellation.
For more details, please contact AVAR Administration office.
Direct link to Shinagawa Prince Hotel (English)
For other hotels nearby, please check Takanawa/Shin Takanawa Prince Hotel or Le Meridien Pacific Tokyo.
Travel Information to Japan
Narita International Airport
http://www.narita-airport.or.jp/airport_e/index_e.html (English top page)
From Airport to Shinagawa Prince Hotel
(1) Train from Airport to downtown Tokyo (JR Tokyo Station):
Narita Express train fare (fastest, most convenient and expensive way) from Narita to JR Tokyo is : 2,940 JPY (one way per person). Some train stops at JR Shinagawa station but it depends on the time. Please check the time table.
Narita Express train http://www.jreast.co.jp/nex/
Note: Taxi fare in Japan is very expensive. I would recommend that you should take public transportation from airport to downtown Tokyo.
For more information on transportation, please check Narita airport access information at
(2) Shuttle bus from Narita to Shinagawa Prince Hotel: 3000Yen
The bus leaves from the Arrival loby level. It takes about 90 - 120 minutes (depending on the traffic.)
Please check your arrival terminal at http://www.narita-airport.or.jp/airport_e/procedure_e/checkin/airlines_e.html
|Bus No.||Departure from Terminal 2||Departure from Terminal 1||Arrival at Shinagawa Prince Hotel|
|D17||08:25||08:30||Due to unpredictable traffic conditions, it may take 90 - 120 minutes.|
Information on Tokyo, Japan
For more information or questions, please
AVAR Administration Office
Back to HOME